Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Sultan Hotel**** - Singapore

Visited  between Aug to Sept 2014



My Rating

Comfort               yes
Interior Design       Classic
Size                  medium
Sleep                 Good
Wifi                  Good for computer, tabs may have problem in 
                      some rooms
TV Channels           Large choice
Bed Quality           Good
Clean                 yes
Noise                 only on Wednesday @1st floor room


The Sultan hotel... I felt in love for this hotel at the moment I saw it. If you do not mind the absence of gym and swimming pool, at SGD 150++ including breakfast, it is a very good deal.
If I remember well, it is 9 shop lots merged together and entirely renovated to make this beautiful hotel, I stay 3 times in this hotel, but ...

The room

I visited quite a lot of rooms here, because they changed me room 3 times. So I visited 6 rooms.
All very nice; each of them a bit different, probably to avoid the regular client to get bored. They look new or very well maintained.

But, why did I change 3 times rooms in 3 stays?
First time, the hotel management asked me to change because they had to repair the mal-functioning aircond.
Second and Third time I asked to change because on the Wednesday night, the very quite jazz club turns into a night-club, stopping the music around 1:30AM, which makes the 1st floor room very noisy.
So if you stay on the Wednesday night, ask for ground floor room.

Check-in

Quick and courteous.

The gym and the swimming pool

No gym, No swimming pool

The restaurant

I only had my breakfast. Simple, but satisfying, except for the coffee :(

Would I recommend this hotel? 

Yes, indeed. Charming hotel @ 2 mins from Arab Street, where you have great choice of restaurants for dinner.I recommend it!

Booking

Click the link below:
The Sultan Hotel via Agoda

No comments:

Post a Comment