Wednesday, February 4, 2015

V Hotel**** Lavender - Singapore

Visited in July 2014



My Rating



The Hotel

Not an easy task to find a proper hotel around Lavender. Then I decided to try V Hotel Lavender.
4 Star hotel ... ah ah ah ... ROFL! 3 Star and a half is probably the best you can give it! So the rest of the review will assume it is a 3 1/2 star

Check-in

Cold, impersonal style "I don't care who you are, just take your keys"
During the checking, i knew something was wrong, but I could not figure what it was. keep reading....

The Room

Plenty of them ... 90 rooms per floor. Be ready to wait for at least 5 minutes to get a lift (among the 4 per floor) at breakfast time!
The room furnishing looks very cheap.
Nothing in the fridge.
The bathroom is ridiculously small.

The corridor and the rooms give you an impression to be in a flat!
Did I say 3 1/2 star? At that moment, I would have given 2 stars!

The TV is working, the bed comfortable, the room is clean and the WIFI is working very well!
It's getting back its third star

Facilities

The Gym is very small for 90 rooms per floor over 10 floors. Grand total of 2 runners and 1 weight multi-purpose. Still, I was able to find it empty. so ...

The swimming is not bad, but never take the sun; the water is super-cold :(

The restaurant, not belonging to the hotel (you cannot charge to the room) serves good food and the staff are very friendly).

Would I recommend it?

The Sultan (review on this blog) is at 400 meters; but it does not have swimming pool and gym).
It is a balance between facilities and  charm/class.

If you HAVE TO stay in lavender, then YES I recommend it. I would prefer to walk further and stay at the Sultan.
I booked it at S$189 incl tax, which I think is overpriced to sleep in a flat with swimming pool.

Booking

Click here:
V hotel Lavender with Agoda


No comments:

Post a Comment